Ad Placement 2

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Writer's Corner: Stories!

Well, well, well. This is a bit awkward. As I mentioned in the previous blog, I love to write. I've been doing it off and on since perhaps the beginning of high school.


I've done my share of genre attempts. Science fiction, war based and so on. Most of them weren't typed up, but I do have a few that were.


1) Hazel Weatherfield

This was an assignment in my 10th grade class, where I was instructed to create a short story based on the fictional character from the Catcher in the Rye named Hazel Weatherfield. I decided to go the same route Kids Next Door went with making ridiculous assumptions that young kids had a huge organization, milk mafias, and so on. It focused on Hazel as a detective and being hired to track down two stolen toys, only to stumble upon the Bear Murderer himself. If you're interested in giving it a read, click the link below!

Hazel Weatherfield Short Story

2) The Dynasty Series

Recently, I had become inspired to create a world through writing. While working on a game packet idea, I came up with an original series of mine called Dynasty. The idea packet lead to me thinking of an interesting prologue to it and one thing lead to another with it and now I'm writing a long story with at least three arcs!

The only arc available right now to read is the Origins arc.
It's currently hosted on deviantART and FictionPress. It also has a Facebook!

It follows a young Acrolyte named Lane Silverbane as he gets used to life on his own and tries to better himself as a Cryptic Soldier. When witnessing an act of injustice within the military, he forcefully resigns and seeks refuge elsewhere. He runs into trouble with a crime syndicate called the Crimson Gavel and begins to work for them for a while, but as he does, he uncovers the intentions behind the leader of the Cryptic Guard - Baron Runo Von Largon - and the Crimson Gavel. Can he find a way to stop the injustice?

Click the link below or on the navigation bar up top to read the Origins arc!

Note: You're free to review/critique but please be constructive and not like Simon Cowell!


Dynasty: Origins Link


No comments:

Post a Comment

Viewings!